Cork DFAS is a group that focuses on learning about and enjoying our wonderful artistic and cultural heritage.
Regular talks cover a range of arts-related subjects, including material culture, design, craft, history, archeology, architecture and conservation. Topics include the lives and influences of artists, makers, craftspeople, curators and patrons. Talks are presented by recognised experts and delivered in an engaging and informative manner.
- There are now seven talks (plus one free public talk) each year:
- three in autumn/winter (October – December)
- four in spring/summer (February – May).
- Talks are held in the morning at 11:30 on the second Saturday of the relevant month
- With the exception of Public and Commemorative Talks all talks are given at Nano Nagle Plae, Douglas Street, T12 X70A, Cork: see, Menu: Partner Nano Nagle Place. Each talk at Nano Nagle Place begins at 11:30 a.m.
- The free public talk is held in September at the Cork City Central Library, Grand Parade, Cork.
Cork DFAS members also enjoy visits to museums, significant buildings and private and public collections.
CorkDFAS members are also involved in conservation projects, assisting professionals in tasks such as recording and documentation.
Follow CorkDFAS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
The Society is supported by the following bodies as Associate members:
– MTU Crawford College of Art and Design
– Cork City and County Archives
– Cork Public Museum
– Cork City Libraries
– Lewis Glucksman Gallery
Our Corporate Member and sponsor is Morgan O’Driscoll, Irish and International Fine Art Auction House, 1, Ilen Street, Skibbereen, Co Cork, Ireland
The Society partners with and is supported by Nano Nagle Place, Douglas Street, T12 X70A, Cork